Masturbation Cups: How to Choose and Use, Types, Product Recommendations and More!
Masturbation cups are solo-use sex toys designed for male masturbation. Their shape resembles sports cups externally and sexual body parts internally such as vaginas, mouths, etc. Masturbation cups enhance masturbation by replicating the feeling of intercourse.
Masturbation Cups Benefits
- Great simulation/resemblance to vaginal walls and pore structure. Most masturbation cups are vagina-based and porous, simulating the feeling of penetrating a real vagina.
- Very convenient and easy to carry. Masturbation cups are one of the most convenient sex toys you can get. You can keep them at home or anywhere on the go as they are small and lightweight.
- Boost blood circulation. Masturbation cups appear to improve blood circulation in the penis better than solo/hand masturbation. Masturbation cups may also improve erectile dysfunction.
- Protection without condoms. Since masturbation cups are designed for solo use, they are generally safe. By replacing actual penetration and using it alone, you won’t get any STDs from their use.
- Varied sensations. The latest generation of masturbation cups is packed with many features for different sensations. Some models, for instance, come with suction cups and adjustable vibrations.
Types of Masturbation Cups
Masturbation cups come in a wide range of shapes, sizes, and features. The most common types of masturbation cups include:
- Simple/realistic masturbation cups. Simple masturbation cups resemble the internal wall of a vagina or anus and depend on hand motions. They are typically made of thermoplastic rubber and they are one of the cheapest options available.
- Vibrating masturbation cups. Unlike simple and manual masturbation cups, these masturbation cups produce electric vibration. This offers a more varied and enhanced feeling when masturbating.
- Sucking masturbation cups. Sucking masturbation cups mimic the feel of getting a blowjob. They may feature a realistic mouth or an internal sucking mechanism. The sucking mode is activated with electricity from batteries or USB cords.
- Hybrid masturbation cups. These are the most advanced and complex masturbation cups, offering multiple features. Examples include vibrating mouth and vagina wall cups, adjustable intensity, 3-way masturbation cups, etc.
Masturbation Cups Materials Comparison
Masturbation cups are usually made of silicone, thermoplastic rubber (TRP), or hybrid metal/plastic material.For more info and a comparison of the above materials, refer to the table below:
Choosing The Right Masturbation Cup
Choosing the right masturbation cup is a matter of preference, budget, material, and level of experience. There is no right or wrong choice but there are products that match all the above.
We suggest the following masturbation cups for various user needs:
- If you are a newbie looking for a budget-friendly option, choose a simple TRP masturbation cup.
- If you wish to get a safe and long-lasting product, go for a silicone masturbation cup.
- If you want something more advanced, go for a hybrid masturbation cup. A hybrid masturbation cup is also great if you can afford the price.
- If you are looking for a blowjob-like experience, pick a masturbation cup with a suction mouth.
- For a more intense experience, choose a vibrating masturbation cup. You can choose between single-vibration or multiple-level adjustment models.
How do I first use my masturbation cup?
This depends on the type you are using. If you are using a simple TRP masturbation cup, simply add your penis slowly to the hole. This will warm up your skin and make insertion more comfortable. If you are using an electronic vibration or suction cup, insert it slowly as well. You can then adjust the speed as you like. Holding the base of your penis with the middle of the cup with the other hand is ideal.
Do I need to remove air from the masturbation cup?
If you are using a simple masturbation cup, it’s best to remove the air before use. This will make contact with the penis more comfortable and realistic. Ideally, squeeze out the air before you use them alone or with lotion.
Do I have to use a lubricant with my masturbation cup?
Not necessarily, but it will make insertion more comfortable. It will also enhance your experience (depending on the lubricant you use). Just make sure the lubricant is compatible with the material of your toy before use. Using an incompatible material may damage the pores of the toy.
How do I wash my masturbation cup?
You can clean most masturbation cups with warm water and mild soap. If you are in a rush, you may use alcohol-free antibacterial wipes. You can then let it dry naturally or wipe it with a thin dry towel. Your safest bet, though, would be to buy a compatible sex toy cleaner. In any case, be sure to read the cleaning instructions for your model.
Where do I keep my masturbation cup?
Most masturbation cups are protected by a firm metallic or rubber exterior - that means you don’t have to be extra careful with their placement. However, if you are using a cheaper plastic cup, we suggest you keep it in a dry and shielded place. Too much heat or coldness may alter the consistency of the cup.